Mergers & Acquisitions Specialist
Established in Wayzata, Minnesota in 1995, Bayview Capital Group exclusively represents smaller middle market businesses for sale. Our clients typically have sales between $10 million and $150 million.
Bayview’s principals are highly seasoned and have completed over 80 sell-side and 20 buy-side assignments in the last 20 years.
Bayview’s Market Niche:
- Traditional Service & Manufacturing Companies
- Sales between $10 million and $150 million
- EBITDA from $2 million to $15 million
- Transaction Values between $10 million – $150 million
- Premium service, laser focus, limited clientele
Why Hire Bayview as your M&A Advisor?
The M&A market for smaller middle market firms is highly inefficient. We’ve often seen offers for selling companies vary 2:1. That means the lowest bid is just 1/2 of the highest offer! It is also a market that is historically not well served by the large investment banks or regional firms since the sale of smaller business requires more marketing and presentation effort than those firms are willing to allow. Bayview works with a limited client base to ensure that each transaction receives individualized attention. Therefore, every transaction we work on is of critical importance.
Bayview’s principals have years of experience operating in the middle market. We have long-standing relationships with buyers that seek businesses in our niche size range. These relationships and focus provide superior results for our clients since they may not otherwise “break through” to gain buyer interest. Larger M&A shops work on many transactions simultaneously thereby forcing their clients to compete with one another for investor attention. Bayview avoids this pitfall by focusing on a limited number of engagements.
The Sale Process
- Analyzing your company and reaching an agreement on a potential valuation range prior to moving forward.
- Developing a marketing strategy tailored to your needs and designed to maximize the value of the business.
- Preparing a confidential information memorandum for distribution to prospective purchasers and providers of capital.
- Working with Bayview’s extensive database to pre-qualify and screen the most motivated potential buyers.
- Actively managing all contact with prospective purchasers.
- Negotiating with and selecting the final candidates for the transaction.
- Closing the transaction. Bayview principals’ years of experience are employed to quickly resolve a wide range of business, legal and financial issues.
At Bayview, each engagement is characterized by our integrity, teamwork and attention to detail. We bring a national track record of success driven by our continued strong relationships with capital providers and worldwide purchasers.